Kuntz

• Il topic è vuoto.
Stai visualizzando 1 post (di 1 totali)
  • Autore
    Anonimo
    Ospite

Piccolo aneddoto che ho scoperto ieri sera e voglio condividere con voi,io non sono un fan dei Marlene Kuntz,ma lo sono dei Butthole Surfers,e ieri sera leggevo un’intervista a Paul Leary sul sito The Quietus,ma non chiedetemi come ci sono arrivato perchè non mi ricordo

A trentanni dalla pubblicazione di Locust Abortion Techichian,il chitarrista viene chiamato a spiegare varie cose sulle traccie dell’album e sulla vita band in quegli anni,fra le varie c’è Kuntz,una strana canzone in tailandese che ha dato ha contribuito alla metà del nome appunto degli italici Marlene,qua sotto vi riporto il motivo,abbastanza stupido ma divertente,del perchè quella canzone sia stata pubblicata:

The next track, ‘Kuntz’ is one of the most controversial entries in the band’s canon. The Butthole Surfers basically sampled an entire song, uncredited- ‘Klua Duang’, a Thai country (Luk Thung) track written by Kong Katkamngae and performed by Phloen Phromdaen- and tampered with it in order to highlight what sounds like a very rude word in the chorus. The actual word is “Khan” which translates as “itch”.

Leary: “Yeah, Gibby didn’t want that on the record, but I insisted.”

Where did you find the original recording?

Leary: “Somebody had given us some cassette tapes of music from different countries, and that song was on a cassette tape of Thai folk songs. It just cracked me up, because there he was on the chorus going ‘Cunts, cunts, cunts’.”

So you didn’t even know what it was or who it was, it was just this anonymous track on a tape?

Leary: “No, I didn’t, and it’s funny because years later here in Austin I was sitting in my favourite Thai restaurant, and the owner of the restaurant came out to say hi, and he asked me about that song, because he didn’t really understand what it was, and I explained to him what the word cunts meant in English, and that cracked him up. He was the one that explained to me that it was a traditional Thai song.”

Qua c’è invece il link con tutta l’intervista se interessa a qualcuno http://thequietus.com/articles/22036-butthole-surfers-locust-abortion-technician-paul-leary-interview

Stai visualizzando 1 post (di 1 totali)
  • Devi essere connesso per rispondere a questo topic.